With the possibility of this ending up as a dog-blog, here's one more post about Sniff the wienerdog.
Here he is when we picked him up, and he was just a brand spanking new little puppy.
The worried look and the lip tucked in is still his trademark. Except now he's bigger and the wrinkled skin on his legs is long gone (do you see it? cute cute cute), plus he's now got a mustache. He's a wirehaired dachshund, and here's 11 reasons I would save him before mr. D if our house caught fire.
- Sniff sleeps under my cover every night, leaving me with no need for a hot water bottle even when it's cold. He's a terrific toe-warmer. Sometimes he even falls asleep on my arm, making me hurt being so cute.
- Sniff likes to lie on top of me when I lie on the couch, as evidenced in the previous post.
- Sniff has a better sense of humour than many people I know. He makes me laugh every day, and I think he more often than not laughs with me.
- Ask Sniff and he'll tell you he's the biggest dog in the world. He's fearless but humble when the situation calls for it. He likes to boss other dogs around.
- Sniff often wears his ears flipped over backwards. I think he likes to air out every so often.
- Sniff is the most stubborn dog I've ever met. When he doesn't want to walk the way I'm walking, he simply lies down flat on the ground, refusing to look at me. He often makes people passing by laugh.
- I love that Sniff lets me bury my nose on his neck when I need to (yes, I do need to ever so often). He's patient like that, when mum needs her daily sniff (heehee).
- When let off the leash he runs as fast as his little legs can take him in a victory lap. His feet barely touching the ground, he almost looks like he's flying.
- Sniff comes to work with me every day, and he's the most fabulous office buddy. He's a wonderful discussion partner when needed. Every morning he does rounds, making sure everyone is where they are supposed to be and saying hi.
- My favorite smell in the whole wide world is the smell of Sniff, especially the really, really soft spot behind his ears. Good smell + unbelieveable softness = heaven.
- His eyes are so wise, I think he understands all things important.
I love love love this dog. He's perfect.
I do love mr.D too, although sometimes I would have trouble compiling a list of 11 reasons why (I really wouldn't have any problems compiling that list, it's just hard to remember all the reasons with the daily craziness and stress).
Hopefully I'll find time for some crafting again soon. I miss my sewing machine. But more important things have been higher on my list these days. Like smelling Sniff and keeping him company while he watches TV.